Years ago I read one of the most interesting biographies that I could imagine. The subject, Ben Franklin, quickly became one of my favorite historical figures. I find his wit and witticisms to make me smile, ponder and chuckle. Here are a few of my favorites:
- By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
- Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Energy and persistence conquer all things.
- Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
- A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
- Creditors have better memories than debtors.
- I guess I don’t so much mind being old, as I mind being fat and old.
And my all time favorite…
- Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.