“Why should I use YouTube for my business?” I hear that question a lot.
Did you know that YouTube is used as a search engine by millions of people? That’s right. When researching a topic, they go to YouTube. It is a much more interactive tool than many others. The use of YouTube is on the rise, too. Check out some of these stats:
- Over 3 billion videos are viewed a day
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in one month than the 3 major US networks created in 60 years
- YouTube’s demographic is broad: 18-54 years old
- YouTube reached over 700 billion playbacks in 2010
- 150 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook (up 2.5x year/year) and every minute more than 500 tweets contain YouTube links (up 3x y/y)
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week
So, how can you best use YouTube for your business? Well, no matter the nature of your business, there are a few key points to keep in mind:
- Make sure the quality and feel of the video reflect the quality and feel of your company.
- Be sure your company’s brand and website are on the video and in the description and tags. Viewers should be able to find you.
- Place a link in the description that goes to a specific page on your website (the deeper into the site, the better). This will help the search engine rankings of your website.
- Share the video in your enewsletter, email blasts, via Facebook, Twitter, website, email signature, or any other place it might get some clicks.
In the end, use YouTube as a free service to share, inform, engage and market to your current and future clients.